Lone Mesa Author ServicesEditorial, Graphic Design and Publishing Specialists
- Simple Critique – Review of manuscript for plot, character development, story flow and pace, etc., with no editing to determine worth of the project.
- Copy or Line Edit – Grammar, punctuation, spelling
- Substantive Edit – Manuscript is edited for sentence structure, plot line, character development, large portions may be moved or rewritten to improve the readability.
- Proofread – Final edit for any mistakes prior to publication. Least amount of editing.
Edit and Critique – Copy or Line Edit plus summary of suggestions for changes to plot, character development, story flow and pace, etc.
- Submissions – Setting pre-edited manuscripts into the proper page size, margins, fonts, etc., for submissions to Agencies and Publishing houses.
- e-publishing – Setting pre-edited manuscripts into the proper page size, margins, fonts, etc., for e-publishing in various formats.
Additions are made to a manuscript in the original author’s voice to meet word requirements or complete the story line on a case-by-case basis.
Print on Demand and e-format publishing are provided as services to our customers through our Lone Mesa Publishing Cooperative Imprint. Click here to learn more.
- Planning – Assist authors with planning an effective marketing campaign for their projects.
- Implementation – Provide the tools authors may need in marketing their work.
- Website Design
- Social Media Set Up and Posting
- Blog Set Up and Posting
- Digital Advertising Set Up and Monitoring
- Book Video Trailers
- Graphic Design
- Business Cards
- Post Cards
- Website Design
Navigating the intangible. Sometimes what our authors needs most from us is just focus – help in determining where to go next or what project should get their attention at which moment.
Writers, editors, graphic designers, web developers, even bookkeepers, all with a heart for seeing great stories brought to life. We revel in the power of the written word and the special nature of each writer’s voice. We love writers, and it shows as we team up with them to make their dreams reality. We not only partner with our clients, we take them into the Lone Mesa family.
Everyone has a story, and whether your story is meant to reach one reader or one million, we want to help you bring that tale to life. We also believe that process should be not only painless, but enjoyable! We want to provide our clients with the highest level of customer service, becoming a part of their publishing team rather than a company providing them with a service. Our first priority is always to listen to our clients, learn their goals, and help them reach them.
Why You Should Join the Club
Lone Mesa Publishing offers a wide variety of services for our clients. From deep editing and ghostwriting to help rounding out a project; from simple formatting and uploading of a complete work to cover design and Website creation; and everything in between, all at prices that won’t break a writer’s modest bank.
We know that self-publishing and marketing can be a daunting task for new and even established authors. We have our roots planted in a history of writing, editing and publishing and have chosen to bring years of expertise to the individual author looking to make a break from the traditional publishing path. We offer a variety of services for authors to help make self-publishing and marketing easier so they can focus on what really matters – the work.
Below the video is a list of some basic services you can find at Lone Mesa Author Services and a link to our base price list. If you are considering a project with Lone Mesa, please contact us to discuss your pricing, since prices may vary depending on the project!